3 мар. 2010 г.

Belgian vacation


Trip to Flandres International Dog Show in Gent (Belgium) was just another show that I flew alone to with two dogs. How do I manage? Keep it simple - dogs travel together in the hold in the large crate that has detachable wheels, I take only what I will need and pack it all into a small suitcase. Sometimes getting on and off the train can be tricky, but there are always nice people around who are willing to help. Airports and train stations in Europe are well equipped to accomodate the handicapped - so I have no problems getting around. We flew from Vilnius to Brussels on Friday and took a train to Gent. Saturday was a leisure day - spent it walking around the Old Town and visiting Flandres Horse Fair.

The show had an entry of 1726 dogs. It runs only once in two years in a huge Flandres Expo Hall. Schipperkes were first in the ring for Mrs. Ewa Buklad from Poland. The entry was not too high - only 10 dogs, but it is very exciting to compete in the country of origin. I am very happy that we did not take this trip for nothing - Wyndsong Halcyon Midnight Watch made me proud by winning Best of Breed and Shalako Dynamite was Best of Opposite!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий